Monday, May 11, 2015

Here I Go AGAIN

I’m going to Uganda once again!

This trip will be with a group from The River Church in Durango. Even though this will be my third time to Uganda this trip will be completely different. You may be thinking what will be so different about going to the same country. Well I’m glad that you brought that up, because I've prepared a list of everything that will be different.

The Difference in the Same 

  • For the first time I’ll be going with people that I’ve met before. My first trip I went with people from all over the U.S., and my second trip I went all by myself. 
  • We’ll be working with several different ministries in Uganda. Both of my previous trips I worked at Noah’s Ark Children’s Ministry.
  • Part of our trip will include ministering in the slums. While poverty is apparent no matter where you go in Uganda, the slums are where the poorest of the poor live. I have only seen this part of Uganda from a distance. Literally from the road as we drove by, and I wouldn’t have even known that it was the slums if the driver hadn’t pointed it out. 
  • I will be the only person on my team that has spent a significant amount of time in Uganda. Already everything that I learned on my first two trips is coming in handy. 
  • We don’t have our own agenda. I’m the most excited about this. My first trip my team went with the plan of teaching sanitation and hygiene, and the last trip was about me finding out if Noah’s Ark was the place God wanted me full time. This time is it just about serving! Our whole purpose is to simply serve where ever needed.
As you can see there are a lot of differences, but the important things are the same.

The Same in the Same

  • We are going to Uganda, a place that is now very dear to my heart. 
  • And, most important we’ll be sharing God’s love with orphans and those in need.

My team leaves June 21st, so this means we will land in Uganda on my Birthday June 22nd. There isn't a better Birthday present on the face of the planet, as far as I’m concerned. We’ll spend 10 days in country, and then head home. I’m excited to see how God uses me this trip, and what He has to teach me. I think I might write a book called My Ugandan Lessons, on everything that God has taught me in Uganda. For those of you who know me you can attest to this.

I’m very independent, so it is difficult for me to ask for help. This is really something God is challenging me with. He is trying to teach me that He has placed amazing people in my life, and by not asking for help I’m robbing them of the blessing of helping. So, I’m swallowing my pride and asking. In order for this adventure to happen I need your help with two things:

  1. I need your PRAYERS. There is a heavy spirit that rest over Uganda, and it is really easy to get lost in the heart ache. After two trips under my belt, I know that I won’t survive if I’m not covered in prayer. 
  2. For this trip to even be possible I need to raise a total of $3200. I know yikes, that is a lot of money. But, it is very expensive to fly halfway around the world, because our team will be working with smaller ministries we’ll be staying in a guest house, and have to provide our own meals. It all adds up quickly. I've already dug into my savings, which isn't a lot since I've been a poor college student for the last three years, but it was enough to secure my spot on the trip. I’m trusting God for the rest. So, please pray about supporting me financially. 
If you would like make a contribution your gift will be tax deductible, because all funds are being given to The River Church. There are two ways you can contribute:

Send a Check:

  • Made Payable to The River Church Designated “Missions-Uganda” in the memo line 
  • Mail it to me at 1436 N Tamarack Dr Bayfield, Co 81122 This will allow me to make sure to thank you for your gift, and ensure that the funds are credited to my account.
Donate Online with a Credit or Debit Card: 
  • If you give online please send me an email at tammie1tiger@gmail.com, so I can let the church know your gift is intended for my trip. 
  • Go to www.iriverchurch.com 
  • Click on “Give Now”, then “Click Here to Donate” 
  • If you have never donated on this site before you’ll have to “Sign-up” for an account. 
  •  Log-in to your account Click on “Give Now” 
  • Under “Give to…” select “Missions-Designated” in the drop down menu 
  • In the next drop down menu select “Uganda” 
  • Fill in the amount you wish to give, and your Card Information 
  • Press “Continue” at the bottom of the page
  • Review and confirm your donation. 
Please let know is you have any questions, or have any trouble donating.

No comments: